With a foundation, a proportion of assets are assigned to a particular goal or specific project, such as the protection of a natural area or the assistance of people in difficulties. There are few restrictions for their creation; however, foundations are subject to governmental monitoring by the federal or cantonal authorities.
What are the advantages of a private foundation?
- They are exempt from tax.
- They benefit from a generous legal framework.
- Asset protection: a private foundation provides protection for the family estate and expedites inheritances.
What steps are involved?
Whether or not you are resident in Switzerland, we will suggest solutions for creating a private foundation in Switzerland by:
- Studying and analysing of your business project via e-meeting or at our offices.
- Foundation deed: a document creating the foundation which must be duly certified or witnessed. It contains the name of the founders, the resources allocated, the purpose of the foundation and names of the appointed Board of Directors.
- Registration with the Companies Registry except for family and church foundations.
- Capital, the minimum amount is CHF 50’000.
Contact us for a free 1 hr consultation without any commitment. Every situation is unique, SPTS is committed to working with you to come up with a customised solution that meets all your unique needs.
Working with SPTS is choosing to:
Work with high quality and cost-efficient services
SPTS services are carried out discreetly and efficiently by experienced and highly skilled specialists. We offer consultancy which is individually tailored to meet your needs in various fields.
Our experts are always up-to-date and will remain at your side to provide the most competent advice. Our experts speak French and English.