A service company (Société de services) is a subsidiary fully owned by a parent company. Its trading activities are strictly limited to supplying services to the parent company or foreign-based companies belonging to the group. The service company principally supplies management services, technical assistance, marketing advice, aftersales services as well as financial and administrative services. These companies are predominantly Public limited company (SA) and, to a lesser extent, Limited Liability Company (Sàrl).
What are the advantages of a service company?
- Market presence: the service company has an international presence.
- Flexible management: these types of companies can have offices and hire staff in Switzerland.
- Tax benefits: service companies benefit from significant tax advantages through a prior ruling by the tax authority. Depending on the canton, the company can avail of other tax advantages and a reduced rate. In agreement with the tax authority, a service company can equate its taxable revenue at 5% of costs incurred, since transactions with affiliated companies are often subject to taxation.
What steps are involved?
Create your Service company. You can concentrate on the business while SPTS Sàrl takes care of the rest by:
- Studying and analysing your business project via an e-meeting or at our offices.
- Verification of the availability of your company’s name at the Swiss Companies Registry.
- Opening of an account for depositing the share capital (min. CHF 50’000).
- Arranging an appointment with a notary for signing the original incorporation deed.
- Advising on opening of the company’s bank account for the release of the capital.
- Establishing your accounting plan in line with Swiss GAAP standards.
Contact us for a free 1 hr consultation without any commitment. Every situation is unique, SPTS is committed to working with you to come up with a customised solution that meets all your unique needs.
Working with SPTS is choosing to:
Work with high quality and cost-efficient services
SPTS services are carried out discreetly and efficiently by experienced and highly skilled specialists. We offer consultancy which is individually tailored to meet your needs in various fields.
Our experts are always up-to-date and will remain at your side to provide the most competent advice. Our experts speak French and English.